Society is an association of persons united together by mutual consent to deliberate, determine and act jointly for some common purpose. Societies are usually formed for the promotion of charitable activities like education, religion, art and culture, music and sports activities etc”.
In addition to the above purposes specified by the Societies Act, 1860, a Society can also be registered for other purposes based on the amendment that has been enacted to the Societies Act, 1860 by the concerned State Government.
To register a Society, the founding members must first agree on a name for the Society and prepare the Memorandum and Rules and Regulations of the Society.
- A Society can be formed by a minimum of seven or more than seven persons.
- People, companies and other registered societies which are not based in India or are in a foreign location can subscribe to the Memorandum of a society in India.
- Societies can be registered or unregistered. However, only registered Societies can be legally protected and can take advantage of benefit given by the government.
The signed Memorandum and Rules and Regulations must then be filed with the concerned Registrar of Societies in the State with the prescribed fee. If the Registrar is satisfied with application for Society Registration, the Registrar would certify to deem the Society to be registered.
What is Included in Our Society Registration Package?
Society Registration Certificate
Preparation of MOA and Rules & regulations
Affidavit regarding ownership
Affidavit for desirous person not related to each other
Procedure for Society Registration
Complete our Simple Form
You are required to fill the details in our simple online questionnaire and submit the documents.
Select Required Registration
After submitting your documents, we shall help you select what registration you should have.
12 WORKING DAYS
Submission of Documents
We will create all the required documents and file them with district SDM on your behalf.
2 WORKING DAYS
Your work is now completed.
Once your society registration is completed, we will send your MOA through courier.
Documents Required for Society Registration
- Affidavit No. 1 regarding ownership and NOC for registered office of society
- Affidavit No. 2 regarding persons not related to each other and name of society
- ID Proofs of all the members
- Address Proof of all the members
- Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
- Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
- Landlord NOC (Format will be provided)
Why Society Registration
Independent judicial persons
Can purchase property
Exemptions from Income Tax
Important Points for Society Registration
- Minimum 7 Members required
- No PAN Card required
- No stamp paper required
- The objective shall be scientific, literary & for charitable purpose